Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Southern Utah Extravaganza

We went down to Southern Utah this past weekend to relax and to get out of town. But we should have realized that Jack was going to be a pill during the trip right from the beginning. The first sign was when we were going down the road to get on the freeway. Josh and Jack had picked me up from work and we were heading straight to St. George from there. I reached back and gave my child a ritz cracker bite and he started to gag a bit. Well that gagging led to him puking out the mass amounts of apple juice (which he loves) he just guzzled down on the car ride over to pick me up. It was ALL over. Ugh. Jack wasn't terrible, he was just really whiney which I cannot handle. Although, every moment I spend with Jack helps me realize more things about myself.
One- I have a lot more patience than what I thought I had.
Two- No matter what your plans are, a child can change those plans if they are in a bad mood.
(this picture is hilarious)
Three- Josh has less patience than I do. Well I guess that's not about me but I end up picking up some of the 'Patience Slack.'
Four- I never thought this was possible, but I CAN function even though I never get a full night's sleep. I envision a full night's sleep as the Holy Grail. Maybe it is something that only Jesus can give me. I mean, I realized that sleep was going to be tough to come by at the beginning, but c'mon Jack, give me a break here! (sorry, this subject is a sore one for me)

Oh well. Here are a few pics of our trip.

I have so many pictures of him trying to put his mouth on the bottle
but he couldn't get it, this one is the funniest one.


One of the happier moments of the trip
We ran into a squirrel on one of the trails in Zion's. It distracted Jack long enough to stop crying. Ah, memories.
This picture I imagine Jack flipping me off if he could
This one is a framer

1 comment:

Nick and Whit said...

I LOVE the first picture of him in his lumber hat. What a cute little smirk! I can just imagine him saying "oh mom, you act like this is hard."